The first sign of intelligence is to Follow Directions
If someone wants you to do something for them, and you agree, find out exactly what they want you to do. Have them explain it, step-by-step if possible, so there will be no miscommunication. Then, follow those directions precisely.
If you have the drive to accomplish something special for yourself, set up your own directions by developing a detailed plan. Write it down. Then, follow that plan exactly as you have laid it out.
Never do or start anything without planning. This way, you know what you are going to do, and how you are going to do it.
28 signs of intelligence
- Know how to communicate with others. Before doing anything for anyone, be sure that both of you understand everything.
- Never do something unless you know exactly what it is you’re supposed to do.
- Don’t say anything unless it’s the right time and place. What you say can never be taken back.
- Always think about what you’re going to say before you say it.
- Don’t say the first thing that comes to mind. Nothing turns people off more than off the wall comments.
- Never talk while other people are talking. The most intelligent people in the world know how to listen to other people.
- Always stay calm. People who are calm are more focused on what they need to do. People with a bad temper lose control over themselves and can’t accomplish anything.
- Never take action on impulse. Before you take action, and do something, think it through and be sure it is the right thing to do. You will save yourself a lot of frustration and embarrassment if you take as little as 5 minutes to think before you act.
- Don’t try to explain yourself to people, in hope that will understand what you mean. Many times they won’t understand what you’re saying anyway.
- Learn to say the simple word, “NO”. To some people, this is the most difficult word to say. It can be very frustrating to say “YES” just to please someone, when you really meant, “NO”.
- Don’t only learn to say “NO”. Know when to say it. When you do, know why that’s your answer, and stand your ground.
- Learn how to handle rejections. Take “NO” for an answer if someone doesn’t agree with you. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your valuable time that can be better spent elsewhere.
- Associate with optimistic people. Run away from pessimistic people. Optimism and pessimism are contagious. If you catch one of these, you want it to be optimism.
- Know what other people expect to hear from you before you say it.
- Try to sense, before hand, how people will react to a particular situation.
- Ask questions. Usually, you ask a question because you don’t know the answer. Sometimes, you have a pretty good idea of what the answer is, but you want to confirm that what you believe is true.
- Know what people want from you before you give it to them. This is what happens when you listen to people.
- Know how to keep your business and personal life separate, and strike a proper balance.
- Make your own decisions. Don’t let others make decisions for you.
- When you make a decision, stand by it, whether it is the right or wrong decision.
- Make books, newspapers, magazines and websites you new best friends.
- Take at least one or two hours a day to read things that are going to make your life better. You’ll be surprised what you find in books, newspapers, magazines and websites.
- Know what it takes to get your work done. Work hard, but more important, learn to work smart.
- If someone is out to hurt you, know what they are going to try to do to you before they do it. If it’s personal, prevent them from doing it. If it’s business, do it to them before they do it to you. This is called competition. Nothing wrong with this, provided everything is legal.
- Find something that works, and stick with it. You only have to be right once, and you are set for life.
- Make your business the third priority in your life.
- Make your family the second priority in your life.
- Finally, and I save the best for last, put God first in you life. This is the most important sign of intelligence.