If you have failed more than once, but are still trying, I want to know what it is that makes you keep trying. It is very important to me that I know this. Read this very short article, and then let me know by sending me a comment. I am very interested in hearing what you have to say.
First, consider these facts
• Sylvester Stalone’s story of Rocky was rejected 1,500 times.
• Ted Williams had a lifetime batting average of 344. This means that the greatest hitter of all time failed 656 times.
• Colonel Sanders‘ secret recipe for fried chicken was rejected 1,009 times.
• Thomas Edison created over 10,000 light bulbs that didn’t work.
• Michael Jordan missed over 300 shots that would have won the game during his career. Early in his career, he was cut from his high school basketball team.
• Mark Cuban, Owner of the Dallas Mavericks, spent many days eating mustard and ketchup sandwiches.
• Abraham Lincoln failed in business many times, and lost many elections.
• Henry Ford went broke 5 times before he founded the Ford Motor Company.
• R.H. Macy had 7 business failures.
• Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard and failed at his first attempt in business.
• Walt Disney was once fired by a newspaper because “he lacked imagination and had no good ideas.”
• Oprah Winfrey was fired from her job as a television reporter because she was “unfit for tv.”
• Harrison Ford was told by the movie executives that he didn’t have what it takes to be a star.
• In 1954, Jimmy Denny, manager of the Grand Ole Opry, fired Elvis Presley after just one performance telling him, “You ain’t going nowhere, son. You ought to go back to driving a truck.”
What do all these people have in common?
They failed many times, but had the courage and the heart to keep trying.
What else do all these people have in common?
They were all successful because they failed. You won’t be successful unless you fail.
Failure Means Nothing
If you fail, big deal! The best way to get even with failure is to keep trying. Fail 100 times, but don’t worry about it. Just keep trying. It will work.