Merjeo.com, the Web site, is an edited social networking news site. Every day Merjeo receives news submissions, from which we hand-pick the funny, strange and weird news. We are not necessarily looking for the news of the day.
Want to submit a link to Merjeo? Click on the Submit A Funny Story link from the menu on the top of this page.
How to Get Your Link Posted on Merjeo
- If you found the link on another website, credit the source by putting its URL or name in the Source box on the submission page.
- Make your story as funny as possible.
- Don’t hold back on your story. Remember, this is Merjeo. Almost anything goes. If your story is vulgar, gross and out of the ordinary, submit is anyway. If necessary, we will try to clean it up before publishing it. Remember, we want all submissions to be published on our home page. Don’t worry about controversy. Some of the best websites have content that is controversial. People love to read content that makes them hot under the collar.
- Your story does not have to be long. Some very good stories can be told in one short paragraph. Therefore, we have no minimum requirement.
- Make sure your submission is something funny, strange or weird. It can be from a news story, but does not necessarily have to be. You can submit any funny, strange, weird or bizarre story from everyday life.
- If your tagline is for a picture or video, describe the video or picture.
- If the picture or video is yours, or if you have the freeware rights to use the picture or video, please feel free to upload them in the upload section on the submission page. Uploading a picture or video is optional. By uploading, you are giving us your approval to publish them on our website.
- Try to use good grammar on headlines. Use a noun and a verb, if possible.
- If you can’t upload a picture or video, but you do want to describe them, don’t link to the pictures or videos. Link to web pages where pictures and videos can be seen.
- I’m not going to caution you about spam. Most websites do this, and sometimes in a threatening way. This is not how we operate. We are a laid back website, and we want you to feel comfortable. By the same token, we ask that you don’t try to spam us in a way that appears obvious. If you do, you will know it, and so will we. Read more about our policy on spam below.
- Don’t capitalize every word or letter in your headlines. Write the normal way.
- Try not to use articles in your headlines. Instead of writing “A Man tried to seduce his secretary”, write, “Man tried to seduce his secretary”.
- Articles from the following sites will be rejected:
- Sites that require a log in to read the article.
- Internet marketing sites or sites related to SEO and Social Bookmarking. These sites are trying to sell something, and are considered by Merjeo to be spammers.
- Sites with long stories.
- If you don’t submit a story, your submission will not go through. This is one of four required entries. The other three are, First Name, Email and Headline. All other entries are optional. If you only want to submit a picture or video, we will accept it. In the section for your story, all you need to enter is something like, “Picture attached” or “Video attached.”As long as you enter something there, your submission will go through. If you submit a link, and enter, “Link attached”, your submission will be rejected. On the other hand, if you submit a link, with an interesting story about your link, then there is a good chance your submission will be accepted. Entering a link is optional. By doing so, you are giving us your approval to list it on our website.
- We get submissions every day. We want to accept as many as possible. At the present time, our submission rate is greater than 75 percent. We want to accept your submission. Follow these guidelines, and you should not have any problems. If you don’t follow these guidelines, don’t get discouraged if your submission is rejected.
- At the present time, you don’t need to be a registered member to submit a link to Merjeo.
Merjeo is a news compiler, and a collection of funny stories. We are not a “social bookmarking” site. However, if you submit a URL from your own website, we will provide you with a backlink to your site.
Spamming that appears obvious won’t get your link listed. If you are an SEO/social bookmarking/internet marketing spammer, and you are submitting only a link just to try to sell us something, it won’t be listed. We want stories, not just links. We want good content. If you are an internet marketer trying to sell something, and you submit a funny story with your link, we have no problem with this.
If you do this the right way, you will benefit. We will do what we have to do to make this possible for you.