Pope Benedict XVI’s resignation almost three weeks ago make history. In our era, it marked the first time that a Pope has ever resigned. Naturally, it raised several questions. Here are some of the possible questions people might be asking:
- Is he still “A Pope”, even though he is not “The Pope”?
- Will he still be called “Holy Father”?
- Is he still considered the successor of St. Peter?
- Does he still get to wear his white Pope suit?
- Will he wear black penny loafers instead of his Gucci red leather shoes?
- Will the nuns in the Vatican still wait on him hand and foot?
- When the Cardinals, Bishops and Priests run into him, will they still have to genuflect?
- If a lay person ever meets him, will they have to kiss his hand?
- Will he be offered the same luxuries as ex-presidents?
- Will the Catholic Church set up a retirement home for ex-Popes? No, that will never work because he will be the only one living there.
- Will he act as an advisor to the new Pope, Pope Francis?
- When he dies, will he be laid to rest with all of the other Popes who have departed?
- Will he take up golf?
- If he hears someone’s confession, and they don’t recognize him, will he pray that God sends that person to hell?
- Will he be a guest on the Tonight Show?
If you can think of any more questions that absolutely must be asked, contact us at email@example.com.
Source: The Telegraph