You can learn a lot by watching other people. It’s OK to do some things, but doing the same things over and over again will cause the parade to pass you by.
13 things that are a waste of time
1. Watching re-runs on TV. Watching a show for the second time is not so bad. But there are those who must watch old re-runs of The Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, The Beverly Hillbillies, and other shows from the very distant past, every time they come on TV. Most likely, the people watching these have seen each episode at least 50 times. Why watch them over and over again? You’ve probably memorized them.
2. Watching re-plays of sporting events. That’s no fun. If you watched the game the first time, you know who won. What would be nice is if you can place a bet on the re-play. Then you would be sure to win. But we all know that is not possible.
3. Feeling the need to watch anything that comes on TV. This is the oldest procrastination technique in the world. People who do this have other important things to do, but they don’t want to do them. Therefore, they’ll scan the TV remote and watch anything that catches their attention, whether they like the show or not.
4. Being in a relationship that doesn’t interest you. Some people actually do this just to keep from being lonely. Where’s the fun? the excitement? Surely you’re not going to marry this person. Can you see spending the rest of your life being bored to death?
5. Trying to solve everyone’s problems. Once you help someone solve a problem, then you’re usually history to them. Solve your own problems instead. This will get you places. Don’t solve other people’s problems unless it will benefit you. Otherwise, they don’t care about you.
6. Trying to win every argument. This is just an ego thing. And speaking of ego, this in itself is also a big waste of time. Besides, even if you’re the best person in the world at winning arguments, you’ll forget about them a few hours later, so why bother?
7. Doing something just to please other people. This is no good. There’s no instant gratification in it for you. All you’re looking for is affirmation from other people. If this is you, then you obviously don’t thing very much of yourself. Your life is not meaningless. Do something that pleases you, and to hell with other people.
8. Trying to change something about yourself that cannot be changes. Be yourself. Don’t be something you’re not. If you’re a certain way, and it’s not necessarily bed, why change it? You’ll waste more time worrying about it than you will trying to change it.
9. Worrying about what other people think of you. This is a big time waster, because it causes you to use up so much energy that could be better spent on more meaningful things. If someone doesn’t like you, it’s their problem. Is this person better than you? HELL NO!
10. Hating your enemies. Hate is an emotion, just like love is an emotion. You can love someone, and then, five minutes later, hate them. This will drain you, emotionally. You won’t be able to do anything as long as an enemy is on your mind, and this is a huge time waster. The best way to handle your enemies is, SHOW NO FEELING, whatsoever. Now, this is heartless, and will hurt the other person a hundred times more than hating them. Furthermore, never hate. It’s wrong, but more important, it’s not worth the energy.
11. Creating problems for yourself that don’t exist. Some people are not happy unless they’re whining, bitching and complaining about something. Have you ever known someone who says they’re sick all of the time, when in reality, they’re as healthy as a horse? In a way, they’re kind of comical, but after being around them a few minutes, it will get old very fast. Then, if you say something to them like, “You’re not sick”, look out! You’ve just become their worst enemy.
12. Trying to make someone love you when they’re not interested. Men, there are millions of women in the world. Likewise, Ladies, there are millions of men in the world. If someone doesn’t like you, screw them. Someone else out there does.
13. Not taking NO for an answer. This is a huge time waster. If you need someone’s help, and they say NO, you’ll spend more valuable time finding someone else who will help you than you will arguing with someone who won’t help you.
Superstition – Another big time waster
Notice I have listed 13 things that are a waste of time. This may blow some people away if they are superstitious. If you have a hang-up about the number, 13, then consider this extra bonus as number 14. On the other hand, I hope this article will help you. In this case, 13 is suddenly your lucky number.